Franks & Beans: The Update
According to my neighborhood source (the neighborhood kid who cuts all the lawns) there were only two squad cars that were at the Franks & Beans this week. (His source is the adult directly across the street from me and the Franks & Beans but dudes! this kid knows everything that goes on around here!)
Guns WERE drawn and the family was removed due to home foreclosure.
Jesus! Grandpa and Grandma lived in that house since the 80s and you’d think it would have been paid for years ago! But I guess three generations of addicts living under one roof may have caused money issues.
Stella and I walked by this morning and there’s a notice of some sort on the front door. Too far from the street to read and I won’t go up to the house because I fear that one of Franks & Beans may drive by, seeing me. I’ve heard stories of them shooting people in Minneapolis and last thing we need is for them to be pissed at me. They’d probably start dropping off meth samples for my son.
The yard is covered with crap. Beat up lawn furniture, a kiddy swimming pool (this was a new addition this summer – a fourth generation under one addicted roof!) and a Razor scooter on the roof. I don’t know what happened to the dog but I am so happy that there is no barking 24/7 anymore.
I’ll be watching for a bank’s For Sale sign any time. And you know that if they have an open house, Judy Beauty and I will be the first to walk through!
She’s out of town and wants me to send her husband over with my phone to take a picture of the eviction notice. You’ll be the first to know if I go through with it!
As it stands right now, the house directly south of us is vacant (used to belong to the Bumpuses before Mrs. Bumpus decided, at age 60, to start buying meth from the Franks & Beans, losing their house that they’d owned since the 70s to foreclosure) and now the house southeasts of us (Franks & Beans) is vacant.
If Nugget and I had a load of money, we’d buy both of them, level the houses, and put up public gardens. Those houses have been full of horrible things!
Part of me is so sad for what’s taken place in both homes. Alcohol, drugs, abuse, children involved. About 15% of me. The other 85% is pure joy!